- This auctions has passed.
AUCTION Magowah Ranch, Artesia, MS
December 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Property Preview Dates: December 7, 8, 13 and 14 from 10:00 to 4:00 World class hunting and enhanced grazing operation
- 1,640 +/- acre within the high fence
- Large barn with lodge/sleeping quarters
- 8 +/- miles of buried 3″ poly water lines feeding 23 water stations
- 60 gpm well-feeding water
- Custom designed water tanks
- Back up generator for the lodge
- Hardwood forests
- Food plots for deer
- World class sorting pens (capable of sorting buffalo)
- Graveled high use areas for movement of cattle
- Multiple lakes
- One of the most recognized and referred to high fenced ranches in the state
- Deer stands and feeders throughout the property
- 20 miles of interior roads, 91 culverts, and three 48’ X 11’ bridges allow travel over the ranch in a regular vehicle (e.g., a pickup truck).
- 9 3/4 miles of fence enclosing 1654+/- acres with a 9 foot high, high tensile, 5 gauge, net wire.
- 16 miles of interior cross fence, most of which is 4 strands of 12.5 gauge, high tensile, electric wire on non-conducting composite posts that require no connectors
- 40 steel, double-wide gates, and 15 steel, single gates, plus an equal number of electric wire gates
- Stafix M63R fence energizer, the most powerful in the world, plus a backup M63R
- Handheld remote control units that allow the energizer to be turned on and off from anywhere on the ranch and also find faults (shorts) when one exists
- Automatic, standby, 20Kv generator for fencing and headquarters
- 2 creeks and numerous ponds
- Duck impound
- See videos below for aerial footage and deer footage taken from the stands on the property
WATER INFRASTRUCTURE: An 870-foot deep well supplies 60 GPM at 60 PSI. This cool, clear, highly-desirable water runs through over 45,000 linear feet of 3-inch, high density, polyethylene, underground water line to 23 strategically placed water stations. Each station is a 15-foot diameter, 30-inch deep galvanized steel trough encircled by a 12-foot wide concrete skirt for the cattle to stand on to prevent mud problems. Each station has a system to prevent freezing and a sun canopy that allows rain and hot air to pass through but blocks 90% of UVA and UVB rays. WORLD CLASS WORK PENS: In only 3 years visitors from 19 states and Pakistan have visited Magowah just to see them. They are designed for working on horseback or on foot and are well-lighted for night use. There are 1.3 acres inside the Pens and 1/4 acre under the roof covering all work areas, loading ramp, alley to the loading ramp, and a truck at the ramp. The Pens will accommodate 3,475 600 to 1200 lbs. animals at one time. Their design will allow containing and processing adult cattle, calves, small ruminants (sheep and goats), pigs and exotics, as well as bison. HEADQUARTERS: 110-foot by 80-foot metal-roofed structure with a 30’ X 31’ office which includes a full kitchen, bunk room, living room with large fireplace and one and a half baths. There is also a smaller office on the other side of the 20 foot wide covered alley that runs 110’ from the front to the back of the building. Both offices have central heat and air and 12’ X 31’ covered porches. The remainder of the covered space is used for a shop, equipment room, stables, equipment parking, and a 10 ½’ by 9’ walk-in cooling locker that cools to 33 degrees.
View or download written pieces below: